Thursday 24 September 2015

Things to Remember for when you are Travelling

Hey guys,   I'm back!!

I am currently in Bath, England and it's the beginning of a three and a half week trip for me to the UK and Amsterdam.  Now, I've been travelling quite a bit and there are a few things that I consider "essential" when it comes to packing.

Tip Number One:
Pack for the occasion...
Now this comes in two different parts.

The first is, pack for the weather.  Now I'm in England so I've packed jackets and scarves.  Additionally, it's really important to think through the weather before you go because you should only pack stuff you need.  SUITCASE SPACE IS CRUCIAL.

The second thing is,  pack for what you're doing.  I'm at the Rugby World Cup so this includes my Wallabies supporters stuff.  I've also packed comfy shoes, that are good for walking.  Before you go away, it's important to think about what you'll be doing and therefore what shoes and accessories you will need.



Tip Number Two:
Wear a watch...
This may seem kind of a weird one, but especially if you are travelling on a long flight/journey, you should wear a watch.  This means that even if your phone or tablet runs out of battery you still have the time on you.



Tip Number Three:
Take A Camera & Journal.....
 A camera will become your best friend while you're out and about in the city.  I know that most people have the camera on the iPhones but other options include actually cameras and also Polaroids, for a bit of fun.

I would seriously recommend taking a journal with you for your trip.  It's really nice to be able to debrief an write at the end of the day.  I personally always keep travel journals because I think that they are an amazing personal momento from any holidays you have.




Tip Number Four:
Get an electrical adapter...
One thing to remember when overseas is that different regions have electrical outlets that look different (i.e. different plugs).  Now I'm not going to pretend to understand the science behind this but what it means is that your Aussie plug won't work in the UK.  Buying and taking an adapter with me is something that always goes on my list just so I make sure that I remember it.



Tip Number Five:
Pack Liquids under 100ml...
Flying rules say that any liquids in your carry on must be under 100ml.  To keep things simple, I would recommend using the little bottles from hotels or buying some 100ml bottles from the supermarket to keep any liquids in.  This is another thing to keep on your list, so you don't forget.

I hope you found this post helpful.  Click HERE to see my last Travel Tips Post.

See you next time,
Georgia Rose
xxx


Email:  beinggeorgiarose@gmail.com


No comments: